Freelance, August 2001-Present
Writer, Professional Blogger
- Write magazine, newspaper, and online articles, ebook content, and Web content
- Write for a variety of corporate blogs, and for my own personal finance blogs.
- Write book chapters.
- Edit articles and manuscripts for a variety of media (including Greenhaven Press)
Student Projects at Syracuse University, August 2004-July 2005.
Managing Editor, Lake Life student publication
Front of the Book Editor, Spark student publication.
- Develop, write for, and edit pieces for two student magazines.
- Copy-editing duties as needed
- Use InDesign to make changes to editorial text and design layouts
- Build a Web site using Flash
Cedar City Daily News, Cedar City, UT, March 2003-May 2004
- Create and edit ad and sales copy
- Facilitate, manage, and write for publications and special products
- Coordinate B2B efforts between the newspaper and other community business entities.
- Point of contact with public/customer relations
- Coordinate annual Career Fair with Department of Workforce Services
- Write news briefs for the paper
KSUU, Power 91, Cedar City, UT, Jan. 2000-May 2002
- Find and work with clients to underwrite the radio station
- Supervise others as they find clients
- Provide B2B support and develop relationships with other businesses in the community.
- Write and produce radio underwriting spots
- Maintain financial records of clients and perform collection duties when necessary
- Coordinate annual Softball Slam MS Fundraiser
- Promote radio station and create marketing materials
MS Office Suite, PowerPoint, basic HTML, Illustrator, PhotoShop, AP Style, APA, MLA, Internet, reporting, research, interview, phone, type 80 wpm
Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
M.A. Magazine, Newspaper and Online Journalism, July 2005
Southern Utah University, Cedar City, UT
B.S. Communications, May 2002