This Thanksgiving, I'm grateful for an awesome “job” that allows me freedom while supporting my family.
I'm thankful that I'm a writer. I'm especially thankful that I can do this from home and support my family while doing it. Of course, this sort of thing doesn't just happen. As a result, I am grateful for the following developments that have made my entire career possible:
- Technology: The development of the Internet and the ability to work remotely because of technology has been a great blessing in my life.
- The rise of blogging: I am grateful for the rise of blogging, since it has formed the basis of my entire online career and led me to numerous opportunities.
- Family: My family has been understanding as I move forward. My husband is an especially awesome support. He has always encouraged me to succeed.
- Friends and supporters: It's been great to develop friendships online — and carry those friendships offline. I also have a great many supporters that I am grateful for as I move forward with my freelance writing career.
- Self-publishing: I'm also very grateful for self-publishing. Without the advances in self-publishing, I wouldn't have my own book out right now. It's very exciting, and I'm quite grateful to live in a time when it's possible to move forward.
As a writer, there are a number of resources at my disposal, and I am thankful for them — and how they have contributed to my success.
What are you thankful for?