Gratitude is a great thing. Here's why I'm thankful for my home business and it all it provides to me.
I love Thanksgiving. A holiday meant for gratitude (and food) is always a good idea. Before the materialism that defines Christmas really starts to have its way with everyone, I like to take the time to be thankful. And, this year, as I start my own personal finance blog, I recognize how blessed I am.
10 Reasons to Love My Home Business
I'm especially lucky to be able to work from home, owning my own business. Here are 10 reasons I'm grateful for my home business:
- I'm writing this in my pajamas. Seriously. I can go to work in my pajamas.
- I can take time out to play with my son, or go to lunch with my husband.
- My clients are awesome. I work with some of the best people.
- My commute is about 30 seconds, the time it takes me to walk from my bedroom to my home office.
- I choose my own schedule. If I need to take care of something pressing, I can shift my workload.
- The projects I take on are up to me. I can decline or accept, according to my current goals and schedule.
- I can earn as much money as I need/want.
- Did I mention that I love the people I work with, and have the chance to meet?
- I can work from anywhere — as long as I have a good Internet connection. That means I'm not limited by my location.
- My trips to awesome blogger conferences are tax deductible. I get to meet other bloggers, visit other cities, learn new ways to make my business more effective?and?enjoy a tax break.